Obesity Information – Life or Death?
Knowing the dangers of obesity and how to avoid the health dangers is important if you don’t want to become a statistic! Weight loss is imperative if longevity is sought. The alarming obesity statistics showing around the world is frightening to say the least.
Everyone knows that obesity is detrimental to their health but not many people really understand just how dangerous this condition can be.
It is not just a matter of ‘being fat’ it is a matter of life and dare I say it…death. The truth is that it can trigger dozens of very serious health problems, some of which can turn out to be life-threatening.
If you are obese, bordering on obesity or becoming overweight, the following are some of the possible consequences that you can suffer unless you don’t do something to change the situation as soon as possible…and I mean right now!
That’s why it’s important to understand all the obesity information you can learn, so that you don’t become a statistic.
Obesity Causes Health Problems
- Chronic Heartburn – Heartburn is a fairly common medical condition wherein the acids in the stomach are forced up into the esophagus where they don’t belong, causing pain and discomfort. Although this can happen to anyone, the risk is considerably higher in people who are obese.
- Cholelithiasis – Cholelithiasis is the medical term for gallstone disease. This can cause many serious health problems. One of the possible effects is the formation of gall stones from hardened bile.
- High Cholesterol – As obesity develops, so too can your chances at developing high cholesterol levels. If you have a high fat diet, it can cause problems with your cholesterol levels and contribute to weight gain and obesity.
- Heart Disease – This goes without saying. I think everyone knows that obesity causes heart disease. The heart is a formidable organ, capable of pumping blood nonstop to the different parts of the body just to keep all our systems running.However, even the heart has its limits. Once you cross the boundary from a healthy weight to obesity, your heart will have a very difficult time continuing its work. Eventually, it can weaken, become enlarged, or worst of all, stop functioning and pumping altogether. It is a muscle and it can get tired from overwork or ‘cramp’ and cause a heart attack.
- Hormonal Imbalances – Obesity can lead to hormonal imbalances. In women, this may mean an overproduction of the male hormone androgen, which can cause polycystic ovarian syndrome. This is manifested in the growth of cysts in the ovary, which in turn can lead to disrupted menstrual cycles and possibly infertility. This is just one example of course their are more.
- Diabetes – People that are overweight and especially those that are obese are more likely to develop Type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes causes your body to lose its ability to control blood sugar.
- High Blood Pressure – Being overweight increases the risk of high blood pressure. The more overweight a person becomes, so to does their blood pressure rise. That is why their doctor will advice them to lose weight.
Yet More Health Problems…
As if these potential dangers were not enough, you should also realize that obesity can also cause:
- Cancer, such as colon cancer, liver disease, kidney failure, respiratory problems, sleep apnea, incontinence and many other health complications.
- It can also cause depression and anxiety in many people as their relationships fail and their wonder diets also fail. Unfortunately stress and anxiety can even make a person eat more. It is a hormonal imbalance, but a problem of obesity.
What Can You Do?
Indeed, the dangers of obesity are quite numerous. It is therefore vital that steps be taken to control the onset. All these problems can be avoided, simply by taking the necessary steps to reduce weight and bring yourself back to excellent health.
If you are considered obese or know someone who is, the journey to health can start by diet modification, drinking plenty of water and following a regular exercise routine. This is nothing new, but neither is the latest weight loss scam. You may want to consult with your doctor to see which weight loss program would be most beneficial for you.
- There are also natural weight loss supplements that are not just fat burners or carb blockers…they also help with healthy cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Plus if you have high blood pressure, then there are supplements that won’t increase your blood pressure just help you lose weight naturally.
In conclusion, make sure that you do something before any health risks begin to multiply. Obesity is definitely a problem that is much more serious than just being overweight. Thankfully with discipline and determination, it can be overcome and you can start living a healthier and happier life.