How To Lower Cholesterol Naturally
There are ways to lower cholesterol levels naturally and you can start right now. You can eat right, exercise and take herbal supplements, such as a cholesterol supplement to lower cholesterol. Let’s start with diet.
Cholesterol Lowering Diet
One of the first things on the list you would have been advised to do is to follow a low cholesterol diet plan. Food plays a huge role in your cholesterol levels and you may have been told that a cholesterol diet is in order for you.
- If you need to reduce cholesterol levels, the most effective method is simply to watch what you eat. You basically have to eat foods low in saturated fats and cholesterol and minimize the amount of animal fats and sugars in your diet.
At the same time, you should increase your consumption of soluble fiber foods, like fresh fruits and vegetables and eat whole grains, nuts, legumes and seeds if you want to reduce your high cholesterol levels.
Switching to a healthier diet to reduce cholesterol levels may not always be easy, especially if you are used to eating fried, sweet or fatty foods. You can give yourself the necessary motivation by thinking of all the health benefits you can enjoy – such as a longer life!
- You will also feel great once you have lowered your cholesterol levels to within the acceptable range.
- A good way to begin your new cholesterol diet is by examining the labels of all the food items you buy in the supermarket.
If it contains saturated fats or trans fats, these are the types of products to often stay away from. Look for foods high in fructose too, you might be surprised to realize that this will probably account for most of the regular foods in your shopping cart. However, there are always healthier options to many products so you should just go for the healthier alternatives instead.
Foods To Lower The Bad (HDL) and Increase The Good (HDL) Cholesterol
There are also foods that increase your good cholesterol. Just because you are not allowed to eat saturated fats doesn’t mean you have to starve yourself.
- You still need the ‘good fats’ in your diet.
A simple change is to switch to olive oil for cooking instead of the regular types of cooking oils. If you love your butter and other dairy products, you can still continue to eat them in moderation.
As mentioned earlier, eating foods that contains a lot of fiber is an excellent way to lower cholesterol naturally.
- The best foods for this purpose are oatmeal, carrots, oranges, pears and apples. Also, the omega-3 fatty acids found in many saltwater fish like salmon, cod and tuna are also helpful in lowering cholesterol.
It’s not that hard to create a cholesterol lowering diet. Most of the foods that are recommended for these diets are readily available in any supermarket or grocery store. All that’s really needed is your determination and discipline so that you can steer yourself away from the bad food choices and focus on eating what your body needs in order to lower cholesterol naturally.
Lifestyle Changes…Yes Exercise
Everywhere you go when the topic of heart health is discussed today, you hear the words “lifestyle changes”. That’s because it’s the biggest contributing factor in almost every situation. We have already covered one major lifestyle change needed and that’s diet, but there are others of course. Exercise is a big factor.
It also includes cutting down on any unhealthy indulgences – it would certainly help if you could stop smoking, perhaps limit your alcohol consumption and start exercising regularly. You don’t have to go out and buy new gym gear, just a simple walk everyday would do just fine.
You can lower cholesterol naturally by setting yourself little goals everyday. You can start right now by:
- Cutting out the animal fats in your diet and more importantly sugar.
- Cut down on your smoking (so you can quit a little easier later)
- Take a 10 minute walk instead of having that cigarette
- Tonight have a glass of red wine instead of those few beers.
Yes, it all sounds simple, doesn’t it? Anyway, you know yourself where to look now at making your own necessary lifestyle changes, especially if you are eating a high cholesterol diet.
Cholesterol Lowering Supplements
There are also cholesterol supplements to help lower cholesterol naturally and to help maintain healthy levels. As always it is advisable to consult with your doctor if you are taking medications, but it may also be your choice to use an all natural supplement.
- One cholesterol lowering supplement is CholesLo.
- It is a natural alternative to statins.
- The all natural ingredients in this formula are designed to raise the good HDL cholesterol and lower the bad LDL cholesterol.
This supplement has helped people maintain healthy cholesterol levels and provided complete heart health for over 12 years.
- If you are interested in a natural supplement, you can read my CholesLo review or you can get started today by clicking the special offer below!
You can reduce your high cholesterol levels naturally by starting to take action today.
Disclaimer – I am an affiliate for the product mentioned in this article and have been promoting it since 2009.