Steps To Lower Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
It is common knowledge that people with low blood pressure have much less risk of suffering a heart attack, stroke or other cardiovascular problems than people having dangerously high levels. Therefore it makes perfect sense to take steps to lower blood pressure and cholesterol naturally.
Despite knowing the dangers, many people don’t realize that they can be proactive when it comes to blood pressure and cholesterol.
Many assume that to do anything about it they will have to make an appointment to see their doctor.
Sure, there are prescription medications that can be used but you may prefer to try natural remedies to lower high blood pressure and cholesterol.
For many people, making a few lifestyle changes can put them on the path to health. Here are some of the most recommended lifestyle changes you can try.
- Lose excess weight. When there is too much fat surrounding your heart and your arteries, the blood circulation slows down and so your heart needs to compensate by working extra hard. This will increase your blood pressure and put unnecessary added strain to your heart, not to mention your cholesterol levels may rise.
- Be active. Even if you are in the normal weight range, you can still have blood pressure problems if you live a sedentary lifestyle. You can keep your blood pressure normal by getting regular exercise, even if it’s just a daily walk around the neighborhood or 2-3 hours of cardio exercises in a week.
- Eat a healthy diet. Foods that have high fat and sodium content are among the usual causes of high blood pressure. Therefore, if you want to lower blood pressure, you will have to avoid these foods and concentrate instead on eating fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grain products.
- Quit smoking. Yes, you probably have heard that many times if you are a smoker, but there is nothing good that can come out of smoking anyway and it does cause all sorts of problems for your health, including high blood pressure. You will be doing your body a gigantic favor if you quit smoking once and for all.
- Get enough sleep. It might surprise many people to know that sleeping can actually lower blood pressure. This is particularly true for individuals who work hard all day and don’t get much chance to relax and revitalize during the day.
There are heart health supplements to help maintain healthy blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels. These types of supplements help restore healthy circulation and have the added advantage of having no negative side effects.
These natural methods to lower high blood pressure and cholesterol need not be difficult at all. In the beginning, the changes may take some getting used to but after a few weeks, they will become second nature to you.
In time, your blood pressure will be back to normal and you won’t have bad cholesterol levels either. You won’t have to worry about how to lower blood pressure and cholesterol again.