Are You Overweight? Lose Weight Naturally
If you are carrying extra pounds, why not look at ways to lose weight naturally. Don’t rely on prescription medications to control a weight problem. Take some action today and get your ‘ticker’ in tip top condition so you can be free of many health problems.
The heart is made up of two muscles which is why exercising it keeps it in a healthy condition. It is the only organ in the body that is made up of cardiac muscles and connective tissues. Its main and sole purpose is to pump blood throughout the body. Our heart is an involuntary organ which does not stop working or beating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We get tired of our daily activities and require sleep or rest every day, but not our heart. It is a very important organ found in all animals and a major organ of the circulatory system.
In the case of the heart losing its ability to pump enough blood throughout the body, some cells in the body that require blood for oxygen uptake will start to starve and eventually die.
The heart is a very important part of our body and any ‘effects’ or diseases that ‘affect’ the normal function of the heart will have an impact on our whole body.
Obesity and Health Problems
Obesity is the leading and prevalent metabolic disorder that affects any person of any age or sex. As the rate of obesity increases, so too does the rate of heart disease and cardiac failures. Even though the relationship between obesity and developing heart disease is not directly related, diseases that resulted from obesity can develop into coronary diseases eventually.
These are just a few problems that can be caused by obesity and may lead to heart disease in the future.
- Hypertension – High blood pressure.
- Dyslipidemia – High blood cholesterol levels, where there is an abnormal amount of lipids or fats in the blood.
- Type II Diabetes – Impaired glucose tolerance or non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
- Coronary Atherosclerosis – Is a condition where the arteries become clogged and hardened.
- Stroke – A stroke occurs if there is a blockage. The blood may be interrupted or stop moving through an artery and hence causes a stroke.
How do we take care of our heart?
First, eat foods that are healthy and nutritious. Avoid food and beverages that have detrimental effects in the normal functioning of our hearts. Smoking and alcoholic drinks should be avoided or taken in moderation.
Food rich in fats and oil will only contribute to a fatty heart and blocked arteries, so eat these sparingly. These may attribute to other problems, such as high cholesterol levels and will affect the blood circulation in our body and affect the capacity of the heart to pump blood.
- The main factor to care for your heart is to have a healthy weight – so if you are overweight, now is the time to lose those excess pounds!
Diet Tips For Healthy Weight Loss
Here are some ways to lose weight naturally without having any negative side effects. It’s also wise to eat foods low in saturated fats and cholesterol.
- Eat healthy foods that make you feel full for a long time and are nutritious. Foods rich in protein prevent cravings by preventing your blood sugar levels to increase. An example is lean meats and eggs. Eggs are composed of proteins that make you feel full for a long time…just don’t eat too many if you have a cholesterol problem. Lean meats are very hard to digest, so the body spends more time digesting (so you feel full longer) and burns more energy to digest.
- Add beans to your healthy weight loss diet, as they also take longer to digest giving you a feeling of fullness. They also help to lower blood cholesterol levels.
- Drink green tea instead of soft drinks or alcohol. Green tea is composed of antioxidants that enhance metabolism and burn fats. You may have heard of fat burners.
- Pears are rich in fiber and make you feel full. Pears also have a low calorie content and stops you from craving and over-eating.
- Grape fruit is rich in vitamin C which is important for a healthy heart. It is also excellent for curbing your appetite. It also been associated with lowering blood sugar level and as a natural way to lose weight. My own mother loves eating one for breakfast or drinking grapefruit juice to lose weight. I don’t have the heart to tell her that all that sugar sprinkled on it…is a little contradictory.
There are also natural weight loss supplements that can help you in your quest to lose weight naturally.
Many people do prefer extra help with natural weight loss diet pills…and if you do why not consider the ones with all natural ingredients.
Whatever you choose to eat or the techniques you choose to lose weight, a healthy diet and exercise are always important factors to incorporate into your daily habits if you want to lose weight naturally and keep your heart healthy.