Natural high blood pressure remedies are known to take a longer time to produce the desired results compared to prescription medications, however if you consider this to be a side effect it’s not a bad one to have.
High blood pressure can lead to serious medical issues so it’s not really surprising that there is a demand for effective natural remedies, rather than having to face the unpleasant side effects of many prescription medications. Plus many prescription medications contribute to high blood pressure.
Waiting longer for the results is time well spent as you learn what to do to take control of your health. Once you know what you can do for your own health, it’s very likely that you will not have to suffer from high blood pressure again.
There are many natural remedies, or if you don’t like that word, natural solutions, to help with treating different health problems including high blood pressure.
Natural Remedies For Blood Pressure
Here are a few to get you started.
- Herbal Remedies – There are many herbs to help lower your blood pressure readings. Oregano, cardamon and cinnamon are just a few. They are all excellent herbs for improving your heart health.
- Garlic – One of the most commonly used natural treatments for high blood pressure is garlic. The recommended dosage is two medium-sized cloves a day, which can be taken raw or in the form of herbal supplements. You need to be careful when taking garlic to treat high blood pressure because it has been known to cause thinning of the blood in some people, which can lead to other complications.
- Folic Acid – The use of folic acid has also started to become one of the most recommended natural blood pressure remedies today. Folic acid is known for its ability to lower homocysteine levels in the body, which then triggers a decrease in blood pressure.
- Diet – Other notable natural remedies include potassium-rich fruits and vegetables like cabbage, melon, banana, orange and cauliflower. These fruits and vegetables assist in regulating the body’s blood pressure levels.
- Magnesium – In addition to eating a healthy diet, eating foods that are rich in magnesium, such as beans, wheat, nuts and rice is recommended. I could write a book on the importance of magnesium for so many health issues. So this natural remedy is one not to overlook.
- Exercise – It is not possible to talk about natural high blood pressure remedies without mentioning exercise. The more weight you gain, the higher your chances of developing high blood pressure. Thus, you should stay active so that you can burn excess fat lower your chances of suffering from any related health problems. Exercise doesn’t have to mean running everyday, simple things like walking that short distance instead of taking the car just for convenience.
Now all these things I have mentioned are remedies you can act upon. Yes, you can quit smoking and reduce your alcohol consumption too, that goes without saying if you want to improve your health.
Natural supplements and herbal remedies are also available to assist where you may have a shortfall in your efforts.
Blood Pressure Support Supplements
There are also natural blood pressure supplements designed specifically to maintain healthy normal blood pressure levels. These homeopathic formulas are made from natural ingredients and are not pharmaceutical based. They contain important vitamins and minerals that are rich in antioxidant nutrients.